Lime curd is a great citrus alternative to jam, it can be spread on scones for an afternoon treat or on toast for a fresh start to the morning. I’ve always been a bit scared of making anything in a jar, I’ve always felt preserve making is a complicated procedure that requires sugar thermometers and sterilizing but this lime curd was amazingly simple. Just my kind of making.
- 1/4 cup of lime juice
- A tsp of lime zest
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 3 eggs
- 4 tbsp butter
How to do it
- Put everything into a glass bowel on a pan of simmering water and whisk for about 15 minutes.
- When the curd thickens strain it into a bowel through a sieve
- Cover with cling film and cool in the fridge
- Once cool transfer to your sterilized jam jar
- Decorate your jar to make it look pretty
That’s it easy peasy lime squeezy.