These cute little tea light lanterns would make great decorations for Diwali or Christmas celebrations, or simply for a cosy night in. Easy enough to be made by the little ones they also make great presents and keepsakes.
You will need
You can stick almost anything onto these jam jars, I used the following:
- A clean jam jar
- Tissue paper
- Glitter glue
- PVA glue
- Ribbon and other decorative bits and bob
What to do
- Cut the tissue paper into small pieces.
- Cover the glass in PVA glue and stick on the tissue paper, leave some areas clear to allow the light to shine through the glass.
- Cover the tissue paper in a layer of glue to seal it and give it nice shiny texture.
- Add decoration using glitter glue, sequins, whatever you can find.
- Finish of by tying decorative ribbon around the neck of the jam jar.
Add a tea light into the bottom of the jam jar, the light will shine through the colours of the tissue paper making it look like a stained glass window. I love ours and the children love making them.